**Leadership opportunity | Dive business results | Meaningful work | Maternity leave contract
WorkCover Queensland is committed to making a positive difference to people’s lives. Our purpose is simple: we partner with and support our customers to keep Queenslanders working. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to understand our customers deeply to deliver valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and we’re creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference.
About the role
Are you passionate about compliance, governance and risk? Are you also a passionate people leader?
We’re seeking expressions of interest for a Corporate Compliance and Risk Manager to join the People and Finance team in this nine month maternity leave contract opportunity. In this role you will manage a team of 5 and report into the Manager Risk and Assurance.
- A working knowledge of governance strategy as well as relevant risk and compliance management standards, guidelines and practices.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or related business discipline.
- Membership of either CPA/CA or equivalent professional body membership (e.g. Law Society of Queensland, Governance Institute of Australia, GRC Institute).
- Passionate about leading and developing people.
- Ability to interpret standards and legislation, including privacy legislation.
- Proven ability to collect data, organise into relevant information and provide analysis that adds value to the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a team environment, contributing constructively and co-operatively to the achievement of shared goals.
- Insurance industry or statutory body experience will be of particular interest.
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Kathy Nadenic, Senior Consultant People and Culture with applications closing at 5pm Tuesday 23 April 2019.**