ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning Tertiary Public Hospital. Our 61 bed “state-of-the-art” Neonatal Unit at Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg comprises of a Level 6 NICU and a Special Care Nursery. We have a strong commitment to staff education and ongoing professional development with weekly in-services. We have a culture of teamwork and inclusivensss, and would love you to join us!
- Casual Bank opportunities for Registered Nurses or Registered Nurse/ Midwives: in NICU and/or SCN
- Provide and implement high quality clinical care for premature and sick babies and their families
- Play an integral role in a motivated clinical team with a strong family centred care approach
- Includes working Morning, Evening and Night shifts as allocated based on your availability
- Requirement to work a minimum of 2 shifts per month
- Registered Nurse and / or Midwife with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Have completed a minimum of one year experience in your specialty area
- A minimum 1 year of experience in SCN or NICU
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with other members of the health care team
- Ability to perform and demonstrate evidence based practice within a clinical setting and be committed to ongoing professional development, clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 6 Public Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women’s health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 9000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Sandra Capron, Director of Nursing/Patient Access and Workforce, Mercy Hospital for Women, 8458 4078
Quote Ref No: MHW 49
Applications Close: Wednesday, 31 July 2019