|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Operational Risk and Compliance Focus
- High Performing Team, Melbourne/Sydney based team
- Supportive and engaged team environment
At NAB, it's all about our people reaching their full potential and at NAB Wealth that means transforming talent into leadership.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the NAB Wealth Management Assurance business for a Consultant to join the Controls Management team. This role will see you support the Performance Unit (PU) Leadership Teams in implementing risk management frameworks through the coordination and facilitation of risk related activities; and providing assurance on the risk and control environment.
You will play a key role in providing support to Wealth Value chain in building a strong risk management culture and associated behavioural competencies, and in testing the ‘first line of defence’ on its execution of its risk management responsibilities.
Key accountabilities include:
- Supporting Wealth Value chain to ensure that risks, controls and aligned compliance obligations are identified, documented, assessed, managed and are being appropriately monitored and reported. This includes proactively supporting the identification and assessment of delivered risks associated with Change initiatives
- Provide assurance services and insights to Wealth business leaders to drive adoption and continuous improvement of the controls system
- Undertake and assist in development of the BU / PU and Entity action plans for remediation of events and ineffective controls and obligations
- Identification of control weaknesses and opportunities for improving service through more effective controls and risk management
- Drive, enhance and be accountable for NAB Wealth’s culture of continuous improvement.
- Support adoption and implementation of a Controls Maturity assessment and risk based methodology for identifying and prioritising remediation activity
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years financial services experience with exposure to regulatory activities preferred
- Solid understanding of regulatory and operational risk, compliance, controls, process design and change management
- Collaboration, influencing and networking to get the right business outcomes across a matrix environment
- Operating in a complex and adaptive environment
This is a genuine opportunity for a high performer to develop strong technical and leadership skills by contributing to a high performing team who strive to achieve the best outcomes for our business.
Applicants must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Permanent Residency
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 09 Apr 2019 2:45 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Apr 2019 5:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time