|Job Type:||Part Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Join our close knit team at Ursula Frayne Centre, a 16 bed Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit that seeks to provide a collaborative, person centred and recovery oriented approach to Mental Health care in a safe environment
Permanent Part-time position
Mercy Mental Health, based at Western Hospital, Footscray. We cover South West of metropolitan Melbourne, close to the city centre
- Support, advocate and care for patients with a Mental Health illness as well as their families and carers
- Administer medications, spend 1:1 time with patients, complete nursing admissions / discharges
- Mentor and coach nursing students as well as junior staff
- Opportunity to take on extra roles of being in-charge in order to develop your existing managerial skills
- Access to Mercy Health internal educational program for ongoing professional development
- Sound experience in an Acute Mental Health setting
- Current registration as Psychiatric Nurse with AHPRA
- An ability to think and act in a person centred, recovery orientated manner
- Enthusiasm and energy to deliver a good quality service to the patients through team development
- Post Graduate qualification in Mental Health nursing or working towards same.
- Ability to practice within the Safe wards framework.
Mercy Mental Health supports people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Brodrick Chidavaenzi, Nurse Unit Manager, 9319 7000 or BChidavaenzi@mercy.com.au Enquiries welcome.
Quote Ref No: MMH 112
Applications Close: Thursday, 25 October 2018