|Job Type:||Full Time|
You & your new role.
To be Australia's leading bank, trusted by customers for exceptional service the Mega Services team has embarked on a multi-year journey to transform and migrate core integration technologies to the cloud. We are looking for candidates with exceptional technical skills to enable us to migrate to cloud faster, safer.
The ideal candidates will be working on current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of Java.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
Key Role Activities:
- Work in an agile environment, attending stand-ups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Resolve technical barriers and roadblocks impacting delivery teams.
- Track delivery outcomes against key performance indicators and provide reporting to the Development Technical Lead or Engineering Manager
Design & Build:
- Design, Build and Support Cloud databases
- Be a go to person for Developers and Service team members for troubleshooting.
- Collect logs and metrics, build dashboards and monitor using Splunk, AppDynamnics and other tools.
Your skills & experience:
- Certified in AWS (Developer + Architect) with hands on AWS experience in building infrastructure and AWS Aurora/Postgres expertise, SQL developer experience (+ no SQL)
- Exposure to Java using Spring framework and experience in Production support / BAU optimisation
- Experience working with GIT,Jenkins, Artifactory and microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker
- Have in-depth understanding of microservice architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment and experience with Tomcat, Gradle, Histrix Circuit Breakers and Testing tools
- Environment performance monitoring and reporting.
Your new team.
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.