|Job Type:||Full Time|
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, BNE has two major Terminals accommodating 33 airlines flying to 83 domestic and international destinations. It is a suburb in its own right, the largest capital city airport in Australia by land size (2,700 hectares) and the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers with more than 23.4 million passengers travelling through the airport in FY18.
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
With passenger numbers forecast to more than double by 2034, since FY12 BAC has invested $1.7 billion building critical infrastructure, with a further $1.8 billion worth of infrastructure to be delivered between FY18 – FY22.
Projects to be delivered include a new runway, new multi-level car park and walkway facilities, road terminal expansions, terminal redevelopments, new apron and taxiways, road and cycling path upgrades and a number of new commercial buildings.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance, theCompliance Officeris responsible for supporting the development and management of BAC’s compliance and privacy frameworks.
Key deliverables associated with this role include assisting in the delivery of compliance and privacy services across BAC, preparing and collating documentation and reporting, and internal and external stakeholder relationship management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of effective BAC wide compliance and privacy programs to mature BAC’s compliance culture
- Support the delivery of shared services in relation to the privacy and compliance
- Support the preparation, deployment and monitoring of the Annual Corporate Compliance Plan
- Assist in the investigation of and response to compliance and privacy incidents and enquiries, and associated stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Assist Corporate Compliance and Privacy Manager deliver an up to date data inventory register
- Administer the ‘BAC Privacy’ and ‘Risk and Compliance’ inboxes, coordinate appropriate responses to requests e.g. Request for information
- Administer the BAC Policies and Procedures library, including liaising with document owners to ensure policies and procedures are maintained and updated when required
- Support the preparation of Executive, Board Committee and other stakeholder reports, papers and presentations
- Collaborate with team members to identify process improvements to risk and compliance management
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships, including internal BAC staff; liaising, influencing and collaborating to obtain information as needed
- Manage all records and information systems and files for Risk and Compliance, including the reference library with hardcopy files and archives
- Assist in collating, monitoring and reporting on financial budgets, processing invoices, payment requisitions and perform credit card reconciliations for team members as required
- Coordinate the venue bookings, catering and invitations for regular and special meetings, events and conferences as required. This includes ensuring all IT and other specific requirements are met
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for the Head of Risk and Compliance management and other team members as requested from time to time
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 2-4 years in a similar role in a medium to large commercial business environment
- Prior experience in establishing and maintaining compliance and privacy management programs
- Awareness of the International Standards for Risk and Compliance and the ‘Three Lines of Defence’ Framework
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business, Law or other relevant discipline
- Certification in Risk and Compliance Management
- Experience implementing ‘management of change’ procedures
- Demonstrated interest in data governance, privacy and/or data protection
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Ability to build and manage effective stakeholder relationships and business partnerships
- Ability to understand and implement material regulatory change
- Ability to identify compliance issues and analyse trends
- Ability to influence stakeholders and create positive compliance culture
- High attention to detail in the preparation of documentation
- Sound knowledge and prior experience in procedures
- Effective use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in its field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth. BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.