|Job Type:||Full Time|
*“A career at KPMG has provided me with experiences I never thought possible coming from a small country town on the Far South Coast of NSW” –*Travers Dowling (Assistant Manager – KPMG).
What we offer:
- Passionate people with a social conscious
- The chance to travel (domestic/international)
- Flexible working hours
- Sponsorship and relocation
- Energetic and talented teams
- Environments to challenge the status quo
- A variety of project management teams
- Multiple social events to meet new people
- No dress code policy
- Consistent technological advancements
Executes KPMG Audit & Assurance engagements: Provides input and contributes to the planning and delivery of audit engagements, including contributing to decisions on work plans, timelines, project management, resource allocation and career development of more junior team members. Assumes responsibility on engagements below management and supervises less experienced team members on the engagements. Directs and reviews the work outputs and assists with training as necessary. Completes the work output of significant risk areas.
- Will develop understanding of and apply KPMG’s Audit methodology and contribute to all stages of audit and assurance engagements including planning, testing, reporting and completion.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of prevailing audit and accounting standards (including International Financial Reporting Standards) as well as accounting disclosures.
- Designs and performs appropriate audit programs/procedures for engagements, performing substantive testing on significant accounts and testing controls under the KPMG Audit Methodology
- Prepares technical accounting reports and other management reports such as the Audit committee report, Management Letter, Reports of Factual Findings and Audit Reports.
- By developing an understanding of our Risk Management Framework and Audit Methodology, delivers accurate and high quality audit findings on engagements and also raises Risk awareness for junior team members.
- Begins to act as an ‘in-charge’/manager on smaller and low risk Audit engagements; leading small teams and overseeing workflow and work quality as needed
- Keeps the client informed of progress of the engagement, relevant findings and contributes to final Audit reporting. Responsible for keeping the relevant KPMG Manager/Partner informed of engagement progress including identification of issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and in the process of obtaining/have completed Chartered Accountant qualification or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with accounting and financial frameworks such as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or US GAAP / US GAAS.
- Strong analytical, communication, project management and report writing skills
Approximately 2-4+ years’ experience as an Auditor in a comparable public practice environment
Next steps? Click on the link below and we will be back in touch with you as quick as possible.