|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Training Officerwith experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Training Officer will be accountable for coordinating and consulting with the on-site team to deliver relevant training to employees to allow the employees to deliver precast concrete elements in accordance with project plans and specifications.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of appropriate training programs for staff and contractors at all levels on site
- Provide and take leadership responsibility in training all employees in health, safety and environment management
- Contribute to development of work methods and rolling short term manufacturing programs
- Build strong internal and external stakeholder management through positive, proactive and professional communication to keep key personnel informed.
- Complete progress reporting, activity, consistent regular reporting to the Operations Manager
- Ensure compliance of commercial and financial costs within the scope of influence including budgets and the implications of directions within your authority limits
- Read and understand plans, review design documentation in order to assist in the development of appropriate training
- Identify and mitigate risks prior to works commencing, communicate with and engage relevant stakeholders to control risk and contribute to build a risk management culture.
- Assist in the selection, train and develop leading hands and ensure the observance of safety, other work standards and fair and reasonable application of industrial agreements.
- Maintain effective consultation with various workers’ representatives and committees on industrial and safety subjects handling issues as they arise and referring major issues to the Project Manager.
- Perform all duties in accordance with relevant policies, processes, systems and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualification in Workplace Training.
- 10 + years experience within a similar environment.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the manufacture of precast concrete
- Previous experience managing standalone precast facilities, producing a variety of products.
- People and performance management experience, including the performance of subcontractors.
- Experience in the analysis of and reporting on productivity, compliance, defects and/or non-conformance.
- Ability to relate well to people and earn their trust and respect at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to formulate training material in consultation with other SMEs and conduct classroom theory training as well as on-the-job training
- Capacity to conduct competency based training and assessment
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.