|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mining, Energy and Industrial (MEI) division provides a portfolio of complementary services to customers covering the entire asset life cycle: from initial feasibility through to construction, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning. Our Asset Services (AS) business unit delivers asset management and precision maintenance solutions to clients in the oil and gas, mining services and power generation and industrial sectors.
Downer’s Power Generation and Industrial division is a trusted partner to some of the world's most successful energy and resources companies, safely delivering innovative solutions with the sole aim to increase our customers' production and profits - delivering engineering and construction, asset maintenance and contract mining services. We support whole-of-life assets from initial feasibility and design, through to construction, commissioning, operation and ongoing asset management, and eventual decommissioning.
We are seeking experienced Estimators (Electrical Switchboards & Transportable Switchrooms) to join our team in either Hexham (Newcastle) or would consider suitable applicants to be based at our Richlands (Brisbane) facility.
Role would include:
- Receipting and filing of new tenders
- Registering and monitoring tenders within CRM (Downers internal estimating system), Aconex and other document platforms
- Reviewing receipted documents and issuing packages to relevant tendering sources i.e. external suppliers, sub-contractors, internal divisions (Mechanical, engineering etc)
- Preparing quotations for electrical switchboards (MCC’s, PLC cabinets, DB’s etc)
- Preparing quotations for transportable switchrooms. Focus will be on electrical installations within the switchrooms but role overall will involve collaborating all trade facets within the construction period.
- Liaise with client for preparation of technical queries
- Collaboration of final pricing involving all suppliers, trades and subcontractors
- Preparation and delivery of final submission documents
- Following old tenders for status and feedback
- Seeking tender opportunities and alternate opportunity markets
- Working with existent internal estimating arms
- Switchboard/MCC estimating experience
- Electrical installation estimating experience
- Transportable building estimating experience preferred
- High general knowledge of current electrical and construction standards
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics
- High computer skills
- High work ethic with dedication to achieve deadlines
- High communication skills to liaise with clients and suppliers
- Ability to work in highly focused and fast developing manufacturing team
- Current drivers licence
- Electrical trade/Engineering qualifications preferred
Desirable package and conditions on offer for the right candidate with career opportunities in a globally expanding company
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For more information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org however applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ function in this portal.