|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader – Australia’s Most Loved Bank!
- This role would suit an experienced Assistant Relationship Manager
- 12 month mat leave contract
- Brisbane based - Newstead location
BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments. Our focus, experience and dedication to our clients have enabled us to become experts in a number of professional niches. We aim to add value to and build partnerships with our clients and we have been providing specialist banking in Australia for over 20 years.
Our broad range of personal and business banking options include transactional and savings accounts, credit cards, residential mortgages, practice purchase and fit-out loans, car loans, SMSF loans and property investment loans. Our approach is characterised by responsive personal service, unconventional thinking, and an ability to be nimble, flexible and innovative.
BOQ Specialist is enjoying record growth and with exciting plans to expand our business there are a number of newly created opportunities. If you’re an experienced banking professional with experience as an assistant relationship manager nd you’re looking for a dynamic, fast paced environment in a rapidly growing business this could be a fantastic opportunity for you. We’re offering you the chance to partner with a truly unique community of clients in a business which prides itself on delivering only exceptional client outcomes.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to assist the External Consultant / Relationship Manager with the ongoing management of their client base. The role predominantly involves end to end home loan administration including deal structure, serviceability and workflow management through to settlement.
Some key responsibilities will include the following:
- Taking ownership of each new deal from application stage through to settlement, including workflow management through the credit approval, documentation and settlement processes
- Determine loan serviceability, prepare credit submissions and actively manage the deal through the credit approval process (ensuring policy requirements & approval conditions are met).
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (credit, operations, CSC & middle office) as well as clients, accountants, solicitors and relevant 3rd parties to ensure efficient settlement of each deal
- Answer inbound enquiries and providing exceptional customer service to external/internal clients including regularly updating the client on file progress
- Assist with multiple product distribution by assisting the External Consultant identify cross sell opportunities within existing client base
- Monitoring ongoing needs of existing client base and work with External Consultant to review and where necessary, update the clients banking solutions
- Ongoing client maintenance and assist POD with client retention
- Take an active role in POD marketing activities when required, including EDM’s and outbound call campaigns
- Follow up any outstanding documentation required for settlement
- Ensure appropriate accounts are set up (transactional and deposit)
- Perform all relevant client checks including Credit Advantage reports and employment verifications on all new files.
- Load all files accurately into various systems (Finesse, Loan works and OLAS)
- Scanning and faxing of files to applicable funders and onto internal systems
- Verify and prepare Loan contracts on receipt thereof for signature and post to CGW upon return
- Daily Ticket and Task management as well as liaising with operations regarding outstanding tasks and tickets
- Administration of discharges
- Post settlement account queries
- Request rate approvals
- Scanning and culling files post settlement
The successful person will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified would be desirable
- Certificate 4 (Financial Services & Mortgage Broking)
- Relationship management experience would be highly desirable
- Ability to read Self employed Financials and determine serviceability.
- Understanding of lending products
- Good team player with a positive and can do attitude
- Strong organisational skills and effective time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen and quick to learn
- Confidence and flexibility to take on any task
- Ability to take a proactive approach
- Client centric.
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies where our vision is to create Australia’s Most Loved Bank! BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our office in the trendy gasworks precinct in Newstead provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks