|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting leadership role: coach, challenge & inspire your team
- Showcase your market presence and industry expertise to drive the success of your team
- Place the customer at the centre of everything your team does to drive the right outcomes
- Manage 3 locations: Albany, Narrogin and Kojonup
Our vision is to be Australia's leading bank, trusted by customers for exceptional service. This vision is underpinned by putting customers at the heart of everything we do, becoming trusted partners in their businesses and their personal dreams and their day to day communities. We back the bold who move Australia forward, but first and foremost, we get the basics right to deliver what we promise, making it easy to deal with us.
Our Albany, Narrogin and Kojonup teams are looking for an experienced commercial leader to join our state leadership team to manage a diverse region of Bankers who support our SME customers. This region is supported by 18 team members across 3 locations. Previous experience within a similar and distributed commercial banking leadership role will be advantageous.
In this role, a typical day for me will include:
- Planning a geographic approach for business development activities
- Coaching my team on customer interactions, credit decision making and risk management
- Holding monthly 1:1 development and performance conversations; supporting my team members’ career pathways
- Fostering key local business and commercial relationships with a focus on building the NAB brand in the community
- Managing revenue and expensesfor my geography
- Collaborating with my Growth Sector Team to build the right balance of specialisation in my region
- Embedding an operating rhythm and making sure my team understands the practices and policies to keep the bank safe
The primary purpose of my role:
- Is to lead and support the Bankers in my team to grow existing relationships and build new relationships with customers whilst balancing risk and delivering the right outcomes
- As the face of NAB, role model our values and behaviours in my community and leverage my deep understanding of the local market and broader industry trends
- Is to own the overall performance of my geography including customer outcomes, financial performance, operational management and meeting the rising community expectations of banks
- Drive efficiencies and effectiveness across the team, business partners and overall value chain
- As a leader, I will co-create initiatives across the operating model to optimise customer service by collaborating broadly across NAB with specialists and partners
Experiences that will shape me:
- My customer and community experiences enable my ability to put the customer at the heart of everything I do and help me grow strong community connections, including two paid volunteer leave days per annum
- Workplace Giving (up to $1200 per year matched through your pre-tax donations)
- My developmentexperiences accelerate my performance, provide career guidance and support, and help me thrive under new ways of working
- Build enduring mentor / mentee relationships with some of the best in the industry
- Relationships that mattervia collaborative and shared success with others
- Advocate for new technology to**deliver innovative solutions for customers
Bigger picture**experiences to think strategically within NAB and relevant industry forums
- **Family and support benefits,**inclusive of flexible working arrangements, paid maternity/paternity leave, and lifestyle benefits
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert, so let us know you’re interested in considering a career in leadership at NAB by applying today!
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…