|Job Type:||Full Time|
Management & Platform Segment Leader - Sydney
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders of all levels
- Permanent position, based in Sydney
What do you think of when you hear IBM? Mainframes? Hard drives? The Personal Computer?
We don’t sell tabulating machines, laptops or intel servers anymore - we’re a new IBM, and possibly not like you imagined. For a start, we use MAC’s (yes, really!), and our leaders wear jeans.
We apply design thinking – and have the post-its to prove it.
We enable start ups to grow, and are transforming healthcare – we’re even curing disease! We are defining the cognitive era. And this is just the beginning.
What can YOU do with IBM?
Our IBM Cloud team is growing, and we are on the hunt for a Sydney based Integration & Development Segment Leader, to join our team.
What Will I Be Doing?
As the Management & Platform Segment Leader I will be an integral member of the Hybrid Cloud Segment team and responsible for M&P revenue (transactional & Saas) across Australia & New Zealand.
I will focus on determining the M&D Strategy route to market, positioning the Segment Value Proposition to Clients, Business Partners and IBM Extended team. Defining the local plays and linked activities (Client Events, Webinar, Enablement) to generate a strong and consistent pipeline of opportunities.
Identify and onboard new Partners to promote and resell IBM Cloud Private and Multi Cloud Manager.
Additionally, as the Segment Leader I will collaborate with the sales teams to define and design the right pricing structure for each deal and support them, as the SME, on the closing phases.
What Skills Do I Need?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and proactivity skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in simple terms; must be comfortable presenting solution in business terms to C Level.
- Ability to work independently as well as guide and mentor other team members, partners and customers
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with customers and Business Partners
- Ability to learn new domains quickly
- Participation in new opportunity proposals through the preparation of solution outlines, project estimations / business cases
- Presentation of proposals or solution approach to prospectiveor existing customers
- Supporting the sales team activities
- Ability to run Sales training, workshop and white-boarding sessions
What Experience Do I Need?
- 8+ years of experience in Middleware and Cloud Space
- Experience and understanding of the business challenges solved by Hybrid Cloud Software solutions
- Be able to have C level discussions around Digital Transformation & journey to Cloud.
- Be able to understand the challenges of a Multi Cloud Strategy.
- Be able to explain and articulate the business value and technical capabilities of the various solutions: IBM Cloud Private, Multi Cloud Manager , Websphere Application Server , Netcool, APM Solution,
- Knowledge of Client uses Cases and References
- Knowledge of the Competitive solutions (Pivotal, AWS, Azure, Redhat…)
- Knowledge of Open Source Cloud Tools ( Kubernetes, Container…)
I will need to be able to travel a minimum 40% of the time.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.