|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This full-time, permanent, rotational position provides quality, safe, person-centred physiotherapy clinical care to the allocated caseload, ensuring a holistic and multidisciplinary team approach. This position actively contributes to quality improvement and support of the allied health team.
- Grade 1 role 1.0 EFT permanent commencing 2/4/19 (with possibility of 4 month contract position also available)
- Rotational position which may include, outpatients, acute inpatients (Ortho, surgical, general medicine and palliative care), sub-acute inpatients (GEM), Community Based Rehabilitation (HIP) and definite four month rural rotation to Mercy Care Centre Young
- Friendly and supportive physiotherapy team
- Member of inter-professional teams providing quality, evidence based, person-centred, physiotherapy clinical care in a designated caseload
- Supported by a strong learning culture of ongoing education, team support and a robust supervision framework
- Recognised Degree in Physiotherapy and full physiotherapy registration with AHPRA
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) Drivers Licence
- Broad clinical physiotherapy experience in a hospital setting
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, commitment to person-centred care and ability to adapt and learn quickly with an ability to work autonomously and flexibly within an inter-professional team & the ability to prioritise competing work tasks in a timely manner within a complex fast paced work environment
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, team-oriented, flexible, adaptable and friendly with a philosophy of continual improvement and evidence based practice
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 9000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Anne Harrison, Physiotherapy Manager, Phone: 03 8754 3150, Email: AHarrison@mercy.com.au
Quote Ref No: WMH 37
Applications Close: Wednesday, 27 March 2019