|Job Type:||Full Time|
Financial Operations is part of the Consumer Australia Finance Shared Services Group which is a trusted business partner of the Optus Operating Units. As a Financial Analyst / SME will support an offshore vendor team of approximately 6 members.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Deliver on knowledge transfer training of Optus processes to the outsourced vendor team and provide hands on support to the vendor team through the service stabilization period
- Deliver policy, process and compliance training to vendor team to ensure all team members meet Optus’ performance expectations.
- Perform periodic quality assurance of outsourced vendor transactions and activities to support the delivery of service level agreements.
- Ensure month end timelines are met, and act as the single point of contact for the commercial team’s month end review of their area of expertise
- Validation that all month end and control activities have been completed by the outsourced vendor team in line with timelines and quality expectations.
- Validation of vendor service level agreement reporting.
- Own all queries raised by the Optus business units and commercial teams, and act as the primary interface between those teams and the offshore vendor team.
- Troubleshoot issues with offshore vendor processes
- Ensure vendor process documentation is maintained up to date and perform periodic QA review
- Work with vendor resources to identify, develop and implement process improvement initiatives
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- Work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile & Internet discounts, Novated Car Leasing, and other Financial benefits
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Social events, social clubs and sports teams!
- Regular visits by our various partners, such as mobile dentists, food trucks, charities, independent retailers and fruit vendors!
- Staff buses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
You are a self-starter with a curious mind and collaborative attitude – unconventional backgrounds welcome
Other preferred skills and experience include:
- 2+ years experience in a General Accounting in the medium / large corporate environment - Previous experience with General Accounting transaction processing - Tertiary qualification in Accounting / Business
- Knowledge of General Accounting systems, processes and practices
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and financial modeling
- Understanding Telecommunication products and services
- Experiences in SAP GL and reporting tool such as Business Objects, TM1
- Great communication skills and ability to build relationships with diverse teams
- Have intense curiosity - a desire to go beneath the surface of a problem, find the questions at its heart and distil them into a very clear set of hypotheses that can be tested
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!