|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Our OperationsOne of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2 residential, or a 5/2/4/3 FIFO roster.We are currently looking for a Senior Analysis & Improvement (A&I) Specialist on site at Olympic Dam to join the Surface Maintenance team. This leadership role is responsible for managing a small team within the Maintenance Reliability department, tasked with leading and optimising maintenance budgets and capital spend, as well as driving continuous improvement initiatives in the maintenance stream. We are seeking someone who is willing to challenge the norm and develop the team in order to further enhance performance. In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team
- Foster effective and productive working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Exercise a proficient level of technical knowledge and expertise to independently make informed decisions
- Assist in developing the Surface Maintenance execution budgets
- Lead the monitoring and controlling of the Surface Maintenance budget and associated forecasts
- Drive the maintenance continuous improvement portfolio
- Lead the monitoring and controlling of the Surface Maintenance Capital portfolio
- Lead surface wide maintenance uplift programs in strategy, technology improvements and best practice principles
- Assist in the reporting on and monitoring of key maintenance metrics to deliver a safe and reliable plant
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Open to new challenges and experiences
- Highly engaged, collaborative and committed to building mutually beneficial relationships across functional teams
- Degree in an Engineering field or Metallurgy preferred
- Experience working in a processing, mining, manufacturing or industrial plant is of benefit but not essential
- A background or qualification in finance would be of benefit but not essential
- Ability to lead and coach a small team
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.