|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We currently have a large pipeline of work to deliver in NSW in the next in both Civil and Rail. For the right person you will be provided with career development and advancement, the opportunity to work with market leaders and exposure to complex but exciting projects.
We are seeking experienced Quantity Surveyors for upcoming projects in rail and civil. The key focus of the role is to manage the costing team and provide purchasing support and advice whilst achieving optimum production and cost outcomes over the course of the project.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Overseeing the costing procedure
- Performing cost and risk estimating, analysis and control activities
- Providing commercial information through estimating and budgeting, risk management, interpretation of project information, variance analysis, trending and forecasting.
- Identifying, documenting and contributing to the management of project risks and constraints
- Assisting the Construction and Commercial Teams to identify and prepare the details associated with variations/EOTs etc in accordance with the head contract
- Preparing and negotiating subcontractor variation claims
- Preparing variations arising out of quantity changes that could result in variations from the client and ensuring notifications are flagged to Commercial Manager in accordance with the head contract
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in preparing all claims to the client and that the claims are prepared in accordance with the contract and are timely
To be successful in this position you will have the relevant tertiary qualifications in Quantity Surveying, ideally coupled with an extensive mix of on-site project experience and head office.
You'll be joining a top tier contractor, with solid work in hand and well-positioned to win major projects across a diverse range of infrastructure.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.