|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Business and Infrastructure Services!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
The Administration Assistant is the first point of contact for staff and visitors at a CSIRO site and is focused on quality customer service whether it is over the phone, or in person. The role provides high quality administrative support to the CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) business unit with tasks including the issuing of security passes, co-ordinating incoming and outgoing mail, co-ordinating courier services, as well as booking venues and transport. All tasks will be undertaken in accordance with CSIRO procedures and although this role has a primary “home” at the CSIRO site, you may be required to work across any CSIRO site in the Sydney Metro region.
Your duties will include
- Operating the switchboard from 9:00am to 5:00pm, receiving and transferring telephone calls, announcing callers, taking brief messages and passing these on via the email system or connecting callers to staff members personal direct line voicemail
- Undertaking a number of administrative tasks including (but not limited to): issuing of security passes, co-ordinating incoming and outgoing mail, co-ordinating courier services, booking venues, taxis and other shared resources
- Providing administrative support where required in respect to the vehicle fleet with specific responsibility for coordinating bookings, filing logbook entries and fuel receipts, and initiating bookings for cleaning, repairs, and servicing as required
- Undertaking other CBIS tasks as required, including data entry, filing, and providing general finance support to CBIS staff
- Assisting in the security of the sites, including the management and maintenance of keys, proximity cards and related registers, processing and creation of staff identity cards and the monitoring and management of key safes
**Salary:**AU$46k - AU$60k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
**Tenure:**Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated experience and skills working in a reception/customer service oriented environment with the ability and willingness to undertake a range of administrative tasks
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good phone manner and strong written skills
- Proven experience demonstrating initiative, actively contributing as a team member and sharing relevant and useful information
- An ability to recognize and seek to resolve problems as they arise and accept personal responsibility for doing the job well
- Sound keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
22:59 AEDT 14 April 2019