|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at Xero we are all about people and building beautiful experiences for our customers. Join our passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us you have a chance to have an impact on the lives and businesses of people globally.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
About the role
Xero is currently looking for the next wave of innovative leaders to join our growing Financial Services product team. We’re looking for leaders who love to see their teams deliver solutions to tens of thousands of users with each release, and who have the tenacity to take on the relentless pace of FinTech disruption within a supportive, outcome oriented product culture. You will be developing software for our global markets including; the UK, USA, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.
If you’ve always wanted to enjoy the excitement that comes with disruptive startup phase SaaS businesses, but want to do this knowing you are working for Australia’s leading cloud platform for small business, then this Development Manager role could be for you.
As the Development Manager the focus of your role will be to provide both team and technical leadership. Therefore you will be responsible for:
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining capable team members within our newly created teams and also building on and complementing the diversity of these teams.
- Promoting a safe environment for people to experiment, learn and grow.
- Working closely within our cross -functional team to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture for our Financial Web portfolio that will live and breathe the Xero values
- Helping to ensure there is a clear shared vision for engineering within the Financial Services team, and a road map on how to get there. This aligns with Xero’s global engineering vision and engineers believe in this vision and know how they contribute to reaching this goal.
- Leveraging off your engineering experience to mentor teams to build quality software
- Working closely with other leaders to deliver quality software and services that support the product vision and technical road map both within the Financial Web portfolio and across the wider business.
- Owning processes and practices that enable the team to successfully develop, support and maintain our solutions
We are looking for someone with a passion for building great products. Just as important as your technical experience, is the ability to be #human and take ownership of your environment. We are so lucky to have excellent people to work with and offices to work in and we'd love you to be a part of it.
So for you to be successful as Xero’s next Development Manager you'll ideally have some experience in:
- Leading engaged and high performing software development teams while working on software delivery projects at scale, preferably within a financial services environment.
- Utilising your passion for modern software development practices and keenness to use Agile methodologies to ensure your teams are operating in the most effective and efficient way through the utilisation of resource, information and communication.
- Balancing, communicating and prioritising the needs of individuals, your teams and the business as a whole.
- Coaching and Mentoring varied cross functional teams with the focus of learning and ownership within your team while being able to offer the right knowledge, at the right time, in the right way.
- Demonstrating leadership through the provision of objectives and goals with loose guidelines and directions through clear communication of expectations. And having an open mind regarding flexibility and new ideas.
- Keeping your team’s vision and our values at the forefront of decision making and actions. While making this a priority to the wider team and their day-today behaviours and activities.
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, foster innovation and reward success.
If you want to come to work with friends every single day and help to make Xero even more special, please apply!