|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam operating on a 8/6 roster pattern, with residential or FIFO options available.The Senior Scheduling Engineer provides key leadership in the management and coordination of the Mine Schedule, as well as being responsible for the integration of related planning and scheduling software to enable effective support across mine operations.
In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching teams
- Liaise between stakeholders to produce a comprehensive integrated mine schedule, including creation of the 7 to 21 day schedules
- Ensure accurate input data and stakeholder views are collected to produce an integrated schedule
- Assist in facilitation of Mine Scheduling Meetings and adherence to agreed meeting objectives
- Track schedule compliance, EOM actuals and scorecard publishing, as well as analyse, recommend and manage a schedule improvement initiatives
- Maintain good communication and working relationship, through a team-based approach
- Ensure the business is aware of buffers and stockpile status, escalating potential risks in a timely manner to allow mitigating actions to be implemented
- Where appropriate ensure all statutory reporting requirements are met
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in Safety Leadership
- Degree Qualified in Mining Engineering, or a closely related field
- Demonstrated Project Management skills in delivering integrated schedules
- Mining experience in a technical and/or supervisory capacity is preferred
- Ability to develop planning strategies, identify and escalate potential risks and mitigating actions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence peers and decision makers
- Broad understanding of the mining and processing industry
- Computer literacy with the latest mining software packages and highly competent level of Microsoft Excel
- Proactive time management skills and the ability to plan and execute programs to meet corporate objectives
- Encourage and promote continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve work practices and procedures
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent visits to active work areas
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Please apply online before 30th April 2019
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.