|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit ashurst.com
We currently have a 6 month Fixed Term Contract Team Assistant role available in our Melbourne office. Team Assistants work closely with administration, legal and Practice Executives, as well as other support functions within the firm, to provide proactive and effective general administrative assistance across a diverse range of tasks within each office's Central ServicesHub.
- Floor support
- General administration
- Document assistance
- Monthly billing
- Business development
Development within the role will be supported by the Team Leader / Coordinator and Operations Manager for the office.
A full job description including a breakdown of responsibilities can be found attached to the role on careers page www.ashurst.com/en/careers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- "Can do" and proactive approach, including accepting tasks outside the general scope of duties.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and prioritise effectively.
- Demonstrates initiative and strong client focus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Behaves in a professional manner, and is personable and approachable at all times.
- Resilience, with the ability to thrive and effectively work with continuous change, challenging stakeholders and tight deadlines.
- Commercial acumen.
- Methodical approach, with high levels of attention to detail.
- Team player, able to work well with others to achieve divisional or task specific goals.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adjust priorities or working hours when necessary.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop or improve skills sets.
- Excellent level of technical ability in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Relevant experience within a professional firm desirable.
- Tertiary/TAFE training in Business Services/Administration desirable.
- Experience with billing software, like Elite 3e desirable.
- Experience liaising directly with senior stakeholders in a professional manner desirable.
- Experience in carrying out advanced internet research and analysing client material desirable.
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with a highly professional global team. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.