|Job Type:||Flexible Working Arrangements|
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Permanent Flexible full-time
Salary:$93,894.00 - $100,286.00 per annum
Readiness & Response Services
5 Positions (Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Beenleigh, Toowoomba)
Midnight Thursday 28th March 2019
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the Role
The Executive Officer role is responsible for providing high level research and operational support to the Assistant Commissioner, and support the effective management of the Region in its day to day business, governance, service delivery and business improvement activities.
There are no mandatory requirements for this role.
Your Key Accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Manage the work program and administration of the Regional office ensuring the effective dissemination of information, achievement of work priorities and deadlines are met.
- Quality check and prepare correspondence, reports, submissions, presentations and speeches as required.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and networks with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and management of the Regional budget and human resource issues.
- Provide secretariat support to meetings and committees by preparing agendas, recording and circulation of minutes and follow up on actions and outcomes.
- Identify and research issues impacting on the Regional responsibilities and initiate work priorities and timely action which support business operations.
- Represent and promote the interests of the Region at internal and external meetings and forums and negotiate agreed outcomes as required.
- Undertake projects on a diverse range of issues and provide advice and options to solve problems and issues impacting on Regional business.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category– Individual contributor
Performance through Vision
- Understands how their work aligns to organisational objectives
- Acts proactively
Performance through Results
- Focuses on performance
- Manage internal and external relationships
Performance through Accountability
- Displays rigour in analysis
- Applies specialist knowledge and skills
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Sam Anstee, Principal Advisor on phone 3635 1709 or email Sam.Anstee@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.