|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your excellent procurement administration skills
- Enjoy a flexible, innovative and inclusive culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Apply your talent where it counts as a Procurement Administration Officer based at our site in Portsmith, QLD.
Responsible for providing administrative support to the procurement and supply chain business areas, in support of the Hydrographic In-Service Support project.
In this role, you will:
- Support the procurement elements of bids and tenders ensuring robust definition of requirements and commercial terms
- Support the supplier evaluation process and sourcing recommendations on behalf of the business/project
- Place, manage and administer purchase orders in line with company procedures
- Support the management of supplier performance from a schedule, cost and quality perspective
- Proactively maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Support the generation and management of Lifecycle Management Procurement Plans and Subcontract Management Plans
- Follow the procurement policies and processes as determined by the procurement function, ensuring compliance with the relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
As an ideal applicant, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience working in procurement or supply chain fields
- Previous experience working with software systems such as Oracle (highly desirable)
- A high level of computer literacy and intermediate level skills in MS Office programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with various stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
- Team orientated, self-motivated and the ability to effectively set priorities
Applications should be addressed to: Sinead Booth - Talent Acquisition Specialist by close of business Thursday 21st March 2019. Please apply online and ensure you attach a current resume and a cover letter.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Are you going to the 2019 Grand Prix in Melbourne in March? If so, we'd love to see you at the BAE Systems stand in the Innovation & Technology Hub. We'll be there every day of the event sharing news about job opportunities and careers pathways.