|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Develop your Accounting career within a large and interesting portfolio
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
You will report to and work with our Senior Management Accountant, providing assistance and support in the management accounting and governance requirements for our Maritime Sustainment Line of Business in Williamstown. So you can apply your talent where it counts.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist with month end activities, including co-ordinating month end reviews with project teams and ensuring timely submissions from the teams
- Assist with the management of Maritime Sustainment's cost base, including labour and overheads, ensuring costs are correctly allocated
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare General Ledger and Project Accounting journals as required
- Assist with any adhoc requests from the finance & Central reporting team
- Prepare labour and utilisation analysis relating to Maritime Sustainment's 600 employees
- Assist in ensuring strong control environment across Maritime Sustainment including compliance with finance and other company frameworks and policies
- Participate in process improvement and innovation
- Maintain FX register to ensure compliance with BAE FX policies and minimise exposure
- Project accounting maintenance, including project closures, member and task maintenance, transfer, GRNI, ad hoc invoicing, etc.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in a financial environment
- Use of ERP systems (Oracle & Hyperion desirable) and advanced MS Office & Excel skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or a related discipline
- CPA/CA qualified, working towards or prepared to obtain with BAE Systems support
- Self-motivated, ambitious, ability to work under own initiative, and great attention to detail
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au