|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CPB Contractors Dragados Samsung joint venture (CPBDS-JV) has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $3.9bn WestConnex New M5. The New M5 is the second stage of WestConnex and will run in twin tunnels between the existing M5 East at Kingsgrove and new interchange at St Peters, providing improved access to the airport, South Sydney and Port Botany precincts.
Based in our project head office in Mascot, the project is looking for a Contracts Manager/ Senior Contracts Specialist with a background in civil construction to oversee management of a large team who are responsible for managing some of our major contracts on the project.
You will primarily be responsible for, and be expected to have experience in most of the following:
- Assist Project teams to manage Subcontractor/Supply Packages through to completion including BOT's, Claims & Variation assessment / agreement.
- Maintain understanding and application of current Security of Payments Act.
- Assessment and approval of Subcontract variations including identification for entitlement under the Head Contract.
- Detailed understanding of the contract Rights & Obligations.
- Recognise risk and opportunities.
- Understand scope of works for the project and each subcontracted section of works including the ability to interpret drawings and specifications and communicate to Project Team.
- Promptly attend to and manage claims/disputes and referral to Project Manager and Project Commercial Manager, Business Unit Commercial Manager, or Legal Counsel, as appropriate.
- Ensure that insurances are in place, adequate and current for Sub Contracts.
- Ensure that the team is compliant with project Workplace Management related policies and Building Code for the construction industry or other industry bodies and relevant implementation guidelines.
- Support the management of staff and alignment between team capability and the business objectives.
- Assist with and review Forecast Cost to Complete based on time lines, internal charge out rates, known and estimated costs and detailed assessment of Subcontractor status.
- Assist in the collation of data, system information, assumptions, expectations, risks and opportunities and indicate on reports likely outcome/s.
This role has a broad scope and is a great opportunity for a Senior Contracts Administrator or Contracts Manager to further their career. The New M5 is offering longevity of employment, the prospect for career development and the opportunity to deliver a key piece of Sydney's infrastructure.
Where applicable, evidence of tertiary qualifications and proof of right to work will be required prior to successful appointment.
To be considered for this role, please apply online.