|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting time to join Werribee Mercy Hospital with current and future developments leading towards becoming a Tertiary Facility.
In August 2018 we commissioned our new multi-purpose acute services building, including additional Operating Theatres, medical and surgical wards, an Intensive Care Unit, GEM unit and a state of the art, purpose built inpatient mental health unit. We have plans to expand more clinical services in the near future.
We are seeking experienced ANUM’s to lead the nursing team and support the clinical needs of our surgical patients and their carers’ as we transition and grow.
- Permanent position and fixed term contract available, each position is 64 hours per fortnight
- Rotating roster which will include mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Located at Werribee Mercy Hospital Campus, Specialist Surgical Services – Level 5 Catherine McAuley Centre
- The ANUM is a senior position that encompasses management responsibilities, particularly in the day-to-day organisation of our surgical unit, in the absence of the Nurse Unit Manager.
- The ANUM is as a critical member of the interdisciplinary team and will provide quality, patient-centred care to ensure a holistic approach to the patients and their carers’
- The ANUM will act as a leader and a role model and will cultivate a culture of best practice amongst the staff and demonstrate behaviours aligned to the core values of Mercy Health
- Join our dynamic team and enjoy the amazing views from our brand new, top-floor surgical ward
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships internally with other departments, and with external stakeholders to facilitate excellent patient care
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an Acute Hospital environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading change and people management
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Recent experience as an ANUM is highly desirable
- Post graduate qualification in the relevant specialty or working towards same will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse, interdisciplinary team
Please note Visa Sponsorship is not available for these positions – applicants are required to be an Australian Resident or have working rights.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a tier 2 General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion taking the total number of our hospital beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 9000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Onsite parking at reasonable cost
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Angela Cook, Nurse Unit Manager, (03) 8754 6457 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: WMH 36
Applications Close: Friday, 29 March 2019