|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CPB Contractors Dragados Samsung (CPBDS-JV) joint venture has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $3.9bn WestConnex New M5. The New M5 is the second stage of WestConnex and will run in twin tunnels between the existing M5 East at Kingsgrove and new interchange at St Peters, providing improved access to the airport, South Sydney and Port Botany precincts.
The CPBDS-JV project is seeking applications for a Safety Officers/Advisor to join the civil safety team based at Kingsgrove. The role will be responsible for working collaboratively with the site based team to implement a safe working environment, monitoring compliance and reporting to the project leadership team:
- Administer safety and compliance programs for project employees, contractors and visitors
- Conduct incident and accident investigations, audits and risk assessments
- Conduct routine safety inspections and monitoring work areas
- Build and maintain relationships with workplace stakeholders through effective stakeholder management strategies, ongoing engagement, collaboration and consultation.
- Prepare and maintain reports and documentation concerning the aspects of project safety programs
- Monitor and evaluate the project safety programs for value and effectiveness
- Review specific high risk planned works to be undertaken to ensure compliance with the method of work
- Provide guidance and assistance to workplace personnel and project safety support staff for the effective implementation of health and safety within the workplace
To be considered you will have;
- Qualification in Workplace Health and Safety or related discipline
- Experienced in managing risk assessments and safety compliance and audits
- Experienced in recording, monitoring and archiving and producing routine written communications
- Experienced in supporting stakeholder groups and teams including communicating with frontline employees and first line managers
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Flexibility and a proven willingness and ability to learn
- The ability to operate independently, without direct supervision
The New M5 is entering a peak phase of construction activity that will offer a rewarding on site experience and opportunities for broader skills development. This is an excellent opportunity to gain on site experience.