|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer has been named the preferred contractor for a prominent gas plant in the Latrobe Valley region. This news creates a great opportunity for a full-time Cost Controller to join our team. This role can work FIFO 10/4 out of Melbourne or 3/1 from other capital cities.
- Forecasting costs, both direct and indirect, including labour, materials, equipment, plant and subcontractors;
- Assure verification of cost coding (time sheets, purchase orders etc.);
- Ensure alignment with scheduling (current budget hours used);
- Monitor project progress, manpower and productivity by discipline;
- Attend project meetings, providing up to date project costing information, financial commentary and review;
- Produce and publish weekly progress, analysis, cost and monthly financial reports;
- Plan and deliver cost control reports and cost analysis;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Business/Accounting/Engineering);
- Significant experience working on major engineering and/or construction projects;
- Exposure to site based cost engineering: dealing with margins, profits and contractor management;
- Forecasting, interpretation of financial statements, ability to assess financial health, accuracy, risk identification, methodical, identify trends, interpret financial data;
- Strong communication skills to engage effectively with the Project Manager, design and delivery team, subcontractors and the client with regards to all matters pertaining to project budgets;
- High level of attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate flexibility as you adapt to changing deadlines and business demands.
What we offer:
Successful applicant will be offered a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a large organisation.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
All applications are held in strict confidence. Downer reserves the right to close this position at any time.
Please note, Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
Successful applicants will be subject to Downer pre-employment checks and be required to supply a recent Police Check.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For technical application submission queries – please email Sue Marley at Sue.Marley@Downergroup.com