|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Contracts Administrator to join our team at West Gate Tunnel Project within the Mechanical, Electrical & ITS (MEI) Team. The role is currently based at our Project office on St Kilda road but will move out to site office on Footscray Road later this year.
- Participate in scope of works planning and prepare procurement strategies, including breakdown into individual works packages, identification of potential subcontractors, procurement methods and timing
- Effectively manage subcontracts through all phases including scope preparation, procurement, letting and negotiating subcontracts, cost forecasting, variance analysis, subcontractor management, claims/variations negotiation and processing, completion and close out
- Providing ongoing commercial support - ensuring that suppliers, vendors and subcontractors engaged in support of the project are adhering to the terms under which they were engaged
- Operate and maintain commercial and contract systems including Project Cost Reporting, Asset Registers, Change Management & Forecasting
- Assist dispute resolution processes as required
- Ensure cost forecasting for allocated subcontracts and cost codes are accurately maintained and cost issues are appropriately escalated upon identification
- Prepare reporting on commercial performance periodically and on an ad hoc basis as required
- Ensuring all commercial activity follows the guidelines specified by the Project Management Plan
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Commerce or Construction Management.
- Solid procurement and contracts experience within the construction industry (MEI experience within infrastructure or related industries desirable) within a large project environment, $100M+
- Experience with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 contractor is preferred but not essential
- Expert level knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Databases (JDE experience would be beneficial but not mandatory)
- High level of financial knowledge, communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate commitment to safety, teamwork and the ability to build strong relationships.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.