|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Enterprise Channel Sales Manager is a key leadership role within Microsoft's channel management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The role is required to lead partner impact in customer accounts and support customer aligned channel development and execution for co-sell ready partners. This role will drive subsidiary leadership alignment on co-sell priorities, and orchestrate across the Enterprise Sales, Partner Engagement and Go-to-Market teams to ensure partner offerings are aligned to customer requirements as defined through the Microsoft solution and practice maps. This role will lead, develop and retain a team of high performing individuals to execute the relevant priority Go-to-Market plays, ensuring optimum customer success with partners. The ECM Manager will be expected to have deep knowledge and expertise of the partners in the geography to support solution selling, customers’ digital transformation, and build this expertise in their team. The ECM Manager represents Microsoft to the enterprise channel, communicates our strategy, evangelizes our vision, and acts as an advocate of our best partners to Microsoft and customers. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem, and will nurture partners’ senior leadership network by building mutually beneficial co-sell partnerships.
Channel Management Strategy:
- Develop subsidiary partner co-sell strategy which drives enterprise customer revenue, consumption and success
- Deliver partner expertise to account teams to facilitate solution selling motion and build this expertise across the ECM team
- Lead the creation of local partner ecosystem connections and build those relationships
- Orchestrate end to end co-sell motion and capability with the GTM and Partner Engagement teams
- Provide inputs to Partner Engagement and Go To Market teams to recruit and enable new partners to accelerate the customer opportunity closure.
- Drive One Microsoft orchestration across subsidiary teams to grow enterprise business in through partners.
- Track and assess co-sell performance and adjust strategy to ensure success
- Drive integration of partner co-sell into sales operations, orchestrations and business review motions
- Secure, coordinate, manage resources and programs in supporting channel connection to enable customer success.
- Influence subsidiary/area leadership to align strategy & resources to help team achieve targets with partners as measured by consumption and billed revenue.
- Own Partner Co-Sell metrics and drive subsidiary attainment of metrics
- Recruit, retain and manage a world-class high performance team that will identify the best partners to support closure of customer opportunities.
- Oversee and be responsible for team commitments and strive for success.
- Be a team leader who sets aspirational goals and drives team towards success while ensuring effective teaming and coordination between roles across teams to win business and remove blockers
- Create a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can thrive and grow.
- 10+ years of experience in partner management, sales management, partner channel development, people management, business development, alliance management in the technology industry. 5 years of leadership experience.
- Extensive experience of managing people and virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork, diversity and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and coaching skills; cross group collaboration, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Able to motivate team and manage complex people dynamics
- Experience driving organizational transformation while delivering on short term results.
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
- Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.