|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Interested in Australia's horticulture industry?
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The position involves providing key support to a number of teams undertaking novel research to solve issues for the Australian horticultural industries. The role will be based on the Waite Campus of the University of Adelaide and will provide essential laboratory and glasshouse support across several teams within the Breeding Higher Value Crops Program.
Your duties will include
- Ensuring laboratories are well stocked with clean and sterile glassware.
- Operate an autoclave to sterilise liquid culture media, glassware and plant tissue culture vessels and to inactivate Quarantine and PC2 waste, co-ordinating with different groups to provide service to all users.
- Prepare and autoclave a range of laboratory glassware and consumables.
- Maintain laboratories as required, including fridges, freezers, coldrooms and emptying of laboratory cardboard and plastic recycling containers.
- Assist with field work during peak periods.
**Salary:**AU$46k - AU$60k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Ability to contribute to the maintenance of communal laboratory equipment, consumables, work areas and work procedures in accordance with Health and Safety Procedures.
- Ability to develop organisation skills and perform tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining accurate records of experimental work.
- Ability to develop basic computer skills for data entry and analysis
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
27th March 2019