|Job Type:||Part Time|
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Your new role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for organising, supporting and assisting the Divisional Operations team.
- Providing support to the Service Line leaders as required to minimise their administrative burden and allow maximum time to spend in the market
- Proactively reviewing divisional activities and liaising with key stakeholders to manage conflicts
- Supporting the Head of Operations by undertaking key responsibilities on their behalf
- National coordination of operational initiatives
- Team support and general administration
- Coordinate large key events
- Leading and managing divisional projects and initiativesPA duties such as diary management, meeting organisation, expense reconciliation, booking travel and running and analysis of reports for Head of Operations
At KPMG we strongly encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace. We foster a culture of agility and curiosity. We are the perfect next step in your career!
You bring to the role
- Advanced MS office skills (Word, PowerPoint & Excel). Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management systems as needed
- Experience in Operations/ back of house process position and/or as a Personal Assistant
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with staff and clients at all levels
- Strong judgement and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision, balance priorities and tight deadlines
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues, and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.