|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Are you interested in joining our Sisters in Mining Program?
We are looking for interested Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander women to begin their mining career with a paid traineeship at one of Thiess’ mine sites in central Queensland.
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander woman?
- Looking for a career in mining but don’t know where to start?
- 18 years old or over?
- A holder of a current, c-class driver’s license?
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol test, medical and other screening processes (eg literacy and psychometric assessments)?
- Living in the Central Queensland area (Rockhampton, Emerald, Moranbah, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay, Woorabinda)
By joining the Sisters in Mining program, you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for competencies that go towards a Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Haul truck simulator training
- Mining site inductions (including Standard 11 Surface Operations induction) and a coal board medical
- A traineeship and ongoing mentoring and support
- Rostered shifts, camp accommodation and bus transfers for selected sites.
- Applications Close: 22 March 2019
- Information Session and Interviews: Approx. Monday, 8 April 2019
- Group Start Date: Monday, 10 June 2019
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.