Location: Rydalmere, Australia
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Rydalmere site is home to over 500 employees working across Ground Transportation Systems, Maritime and Secure Communication & Information Systems. With an onsite subsidised cafeteria, a free and well equipped gymnasium and free onsite parking our Rydalmere facility is conveniently located close to Parramatta and Ryde. There are also ferry, bus and train stations within easy walking distance.
About the role
This role is within the AVS domain and specifically within the Simulation Business Unit located in Rydalmere, NSW.The role is part of the Training Services activity managed out of the Rydalmere site but may be based at other Thales locations in Sydney/NSW particularly Newcastle.
The Training Specialist will conduct, provide advice, support and governance to all aspects of training; Analysis, Assessment, Development, Design and Delivery within the Training Services projects managed out of the Simulation business. This is a great opportunity to join and industry leader and work on exciting and long term aviation projects.
- Undertake and/or assist in the design and development of innovative and flexible training and assessment material
- Lead the delivery and/or coordinate the delivery of training and assessment events within the Thales/Customer facility
- Assist in the delivery and/or coordination of delivery of all other training and assessment events for Synthetic Training Devices (STD) training
- Supervise, coordinate, mentor and monitor the performance of Learners undertaking training
- Undertake and/or assist in the development or conduct of training evaluation and validation activities
- Undertake and/or assist in the development or conduct of training/performance needs analysis activities.
- Provide an equitable and accessible training and assessment environment for all training customers and participants
- Ensure the application of relevant workplace safety practices and risk mitigation in support of the conduct of training and assessment events.
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment(TAE 40116) or equivalent
Vocational experience in the Training Specialist/Instructor for RAN roles
Demonstrated experience in the Military technical domain. Specifically, knowledge and experience with some or all of the following will be an advantage:
Naval ship operations/engineering
Naval engineering systems (Marine (ME) and Electrical (ET))
RAN Minehunter crew experience
Experience with the Systems Approach to Defence Learning (SADL) and its Phase implementation
Moderate to high skill levels in MS Office products
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation
- Hold or be eligible to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!