|Job Type:||Full Time|
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 40 Westfield shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Westfield Chermside is located approximately 10 kilometres north of the Brisbane CBD and is one of the strongest performing assets and the largest centre in the Scentre Group portfolio
A $355 million redevelopment was completed in mid-2017 adding approximately 95 new stores to the retail mix, including Brisbane’s first Sephora, H&M, Zara, Uniqlo and a host of other local and international brands. A new leisure and dining precinct was created quickly becoming one of the city’s most attractive dining destinations.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an engaging and detail orientated Administration Manager to join our team at Westfield Chermside. As a key finance business partner, you are responsible for providing financial support, enhance decision making and maximise outcomes on business issues alongside timely and accurate reporting though will also be exposed to all aspects of centre management.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the development of the annual asset budgets, and managing the Administration Budget
- On-going analysis of centre Profit and Loss report, including reviewing monthly accruals and processing monthly journals (including prepayments)
- Conduct accurate and timely Risks & Opportunities analysis and provide Asset team with recommendations
- Conduct bi-monthly forecasting of budgets
- Manage all centre daily banking, reconciliations, accounts payable, and invoices to tenants for expense recoveries
- Supporting the regional manager in their broader capacity of multi-sites
- Adopting a coaching / mentoring role for peers within the state
- Day to day office management
As a part of our asset team, you’ll also have Duty Management responsibilities from time to time too, where you’ll be required to work a weekend shift (on a roster), which will be balanced with a day off in lieu.
This is a permanent position with full-time hours.
What will set you apart from the rest?
To thrive in this position, you will be a highly personable individual with a commercial mindset, who naturally gravitates towards forming relationships and liaising with a range of stakeholders at all levels. You will enjoy working as part of a diverse, friendly high performing team who works collaboratively and helps each other**.** You’ll be a confident communicator and enjoy developing relationships with both finance and non-finance staff too.
You’ll have excellent financial acumen, degree qualified in accounting or commerce with a passion for retail property! This is an exciting and challenging role, where you’ll play a key role within our Customer Experience team and gain exposure to the day to day operations of a busy centre.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive Benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.