|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
Reporting to the Pre-Contracts Manager, you will work closely with the Pre-Contracts team to obtain best value for money for goods and services for tendering and project delivery. Your main objective will be meeting or exceeding our client’s VIPP – Local Jobs First requirements.
You will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the local ICN bodies and develop robust Local Jobs First Plans.
As the Procurement Coordinator - VIPP your key accountabilities are:
- Develop best practice Local Industry Development Plans and materials for Tender Submissions
- Analyse and research the market to obtain the optimal purchasing deals
- Provide Industry participation procurement related training, recommendations and support to staff to ensure compliance with company procurement policies and delivery of commitments made to our clients in our Tender Submissions
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant government bodies, suppliers and subcontractors
- Participate in and support industry supply management groups and initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Group policies and processes
- Prepare, issue and evaluate requests for quotes for a range of goods and services
- Negotiate contract arrangements with tenders to ensure best value is achieved
- Establish and rationalise agreements with key suppliers and subcontractors
- Establish, monitor and maintain effective contract and supplier databases
- Provide accurate, comprehensive and timely reports to management
- Continuously seek ways to improve efficiencies, value for money and industry participation
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Knowledge of Major Projects Skills Guarantee requirements for tender submissions
- Experience in procurement, tendering or contract management
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ideally, minimum of 2 years + experience working in the construction industry
- Exceptional understanding with the state governments’ procurement bodies, including ICN and industry participation policies and best practice within the construction industry
- Strong contract negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill and experience in developing and maintaining organisational procurement processes
- Ability to review and analyse financial information
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
*We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.***