|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate and understanding about the learning issues of young international students and want to help them achieve academic success? We are currently looking for two part-time Pathways Study Success Coaches based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
About RMIT Training
RMIT Training Pty Ltd is a company of RMIT University, with offices in Melbourne, Dubai and Beijing. We provide a range of education solutions to academics and professionals with our Informit products and services such as EduTV and TVNews. We also deliver pathway programs that enable students to articulate into Bachelor degree programs at university; these include Foundation Studies and ELICOS English language programs.
About the role
RMIT Training’s Vision is to be an outstanding provider of Pathway programs. We are committed to delivering an outstanding student experience to all students by providing a supportive learning environment that extends beyond the classroom. We believe in placing the student at the centre of their learning.
We are here to guide and support our students as they transition to studying in an Australian academic environment. Our programs are designed to build the knowledge and skills to ensure our students are confident and well-prepared when they continue their journey to their destination program.
We are currently looking for two Pathways Study Success Coaches to work part-time (working hours: 10:00am - 3:00pm, 3 days a week including Fridays).
The Pathways Study Success Coach will have a commitment to and sophisticated understanding of the issues faced by young adults that impact academic achievement and are barriers to success. You will work with Educators and other professional colleagues to intervene early when there are signs that a student may be at-risk of not making satisfactory academic progress.
You will be part of a cross-functional team that delivers a range of services designed to improve student success.
The role contributes to the overall goals and objectives aligned to the Pathways Vision with a view to adopting evidence-based strategies to inform our cycle of review and improvement.
As the Pathways Study Success Coach, you will:
- Be a constant and immediate source of support for pathway students, highly visible and extremely accessible online and in-person
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional team of professionals to provide targeted and tailored support to students identified as ‘at risk’
- Curate study success learning resources and activities that make learning outcomes explicit by linking them to the curriculum and that guide students to become independent learners
- Collect data to support evidenced-based decision-making to improve the effectiveness of the study success services
- Prepare and deliver inductions and professional development sessions for Pathways Educators
- Ensure that Study Success materials are produced in accordance with company guidelines, and that they are culturally appropriate and copyright compliant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or equivalent as well as teaching experience with Non-English Speaking Background (NESB) student cohorts
- Extensive experience in addressing issues relating to student retention and articulation in an education environment
- Experience in identifying and responding to challenges faced by young adults that are transitioning to an Australian academic environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including engaging learners from different cultural and language backgrounds
- Sound problem-solving skills including the capacity to diagnose, analyse and provide solutions in a learning environment
- High level of computer literacy including the use of learning analytics to evaluate and improve student success
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve shared outcomes
- Current Working with Children Check
- Postgraduate qualification in Education, TESOL or Careers Education (desirable)
- Familiarity with adaptive learning technologies (desirable)
For more information:
- Visit our website www.rmittraining.com
- Refer to the attached position description
- Email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your application (including your resume and a one-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role) by clicking Apply Now. Applications close Tuesday, 19 March at 9am.
Our people are integral to the success of our Company. We are experienced professionals who are committed to providing the highest standard of service and support to our clients and colleagues.
RMIT Training is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. At RMIT Training we offer a friendly, supportive and flexible working environment and culture with a range of employee benefits including access to health and wellbeing services and discounts, discounted travel, professional development opportunities and more. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.