- North Sydney location
- Senior strategic role
- Internal and external communication
Roads and Maritime Services was formed on 1 November 2011 with key accountabilities:
- Delivery of new roads and maritime infrastructure to optimise safety and effective and efficient use
- Effective and efficient traffic management and use of the road and maritime network
- Execution of road and maritime safety policies and regulations
- Maintenance of the road and maritime infrastructure to optimise safety, traffic management and asset life.
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) is part of the integrated transport cluster led by Transport for NSW (TfNSW) that aims to create a better transport system; one that is fundamentally designed around the needs and expectations of customers, communities and the economy. The other delivery focused agencies making up the transport cluster include Sydney Trains, NSW Trains and the State Transit Authority. The private transport operators include private ferry operators and private bus operators.
Reporting to the Director Motorways Communications the Principal Manager’s primary purpose of the role is to lead the development and implementation of effective stakeholder engagement strategies (including media, government, industry and internal) and timely management of media responses on behalf of the Motorways Division.
The role manages a team and is responsible for ensuring high quality, consistent, best practice communication outcomes.
In addition, this position is accountable for developing and implementing proactive stakeholder engagement strategies to support the Motorways Division’s strategic objectives, project outcomes and to build, enhance and maintain strong relationships with key external stakeholders and the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Director Motorways Communications and Executive Director Motorways by providing high-level stakeholder and media advice on matters including critical community activities and politically sensitive issues.Building capability in social and digital media channels for the Motorways Division to increase customer engagement, raise awareness of projects and enhance reputation.
- Overseeing the delivery of project related responses to media enquiries, holding statements, House Folder Notes to ensure consistency of messaging and outcomes are of a high quality, adhere to best practice communication standards and cluster requirements.
- Providing leadership, guidance and expert advice in the design of internal and external corporate communications that draw on a range of evidence based customer needs to support business planning and prioritisation of initiatives.
- Overseeing the development, delivery and ongoing management of customer information campaigns across multiple media channels in collaboration with the TfNSW marketing team.
- Providing leadership in the context of a high profile and high risk project environment and balancing competing demands and stakeholder requirements whilst ensuring consistent and high quality delivery of communications.
- Ensuring that media coverage (including social media) for Motorways and related issues is monitored to escalate emerging issues and identify themes which require specific strategies to address
To be successful in this role, you will be someone who is a strategic thinker, adaptable, flexible and a natural relationship builder and leader. Impeccable stakeholder management skills and proven experience managing high level stakeholders is mandatory, as are your superior written and verbal communication skills.
Extensive experience in high level communications, stakeholder consultation and customer engagement with a record of success across a broad range of groups including government, business, general public and employees is a must. Applicants will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as communications, business, commerce or equivalent, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
To apply, we require a cover letter which addresses the key capabilities and requirements for this position, an outline of your relevant experience and your updated resume.
For further information, please contact Deb Wilson,Principal Consultant, WilsonBrown Executive on 1300 927 696. For a copy of the Role Description and to send your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 11.59pm, Monday, 30 April 2018.