|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting and newly created opportunity
- Rewarding opportunity for an experienced leader
- Lead Investigation teams
Maintaining strong anti financial crime governance is vital to serving our customers better and achieving trust and confidence in our industry. The Financial Crime prevention division is responsible for ensuring anti financial crime accountability and governance across the organisation and creating world-class monitoring and surveillance programs based on best practice.
About the role
NAB is establishing a Financial Crime prevention COE to centralise capabilities across a number of core execution teams, including Transaction Monitoring, Customer Monitoring and Reporting (Suspicious Matter Reports, TTRs and IFTIs).
A significant amount of change and leadership is required to reach the target state during the expected 2-3 year transformation journey. This role will lead the strategic design of highly specialised triage, investigation and reporting (Level 2 and Level 3) teams and will be a central point of accountability for planning and execution of monitoring to ensure uplift in financial crime compliance.
This role will be accountable for supporting the transformation of transaction monitoring in Australia, Asia, UK and NY.
Further responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead management of transaction monitoring operations and KPIs
- Set and enforce performance expectations and working standards for production teams
- Drive and lead engagement with business divisions as it relates to Transaction Monitoring where required, and liaise with the business to understand business specific requirements and concerns
- Represent team in larger forums, raising thematic issues and working as appropriate with supporting functions and the Change program to develop TM and address issues
- Run team efficiently and effectively, and within agreed SLAs for the business
Skills and experience
- Substantial experience working at a senior leadership level in a large organisation in an Operations (or similar) role, ideally within a complex regulatory environment
- Deep understanding of current issues and challenges across the Financial Services industry and AML / CTF risk specifically
- Significant experience in process review, optimisation, automation and documentation, or target operating model design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort in understanding the impact of different operating models on commercial, financial and operational aspects of a business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate multiple teams, ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Customer driven commercial approach to business
How to apply
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 11 Feb 2019 4:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2019 6:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time