|Job Type:||Full Time|
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGE Co, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Full - Time Regular
Sales Engineer - Drill Bits based in Australia. The position will support the Sales Division.
- Responsible for providing sales and engineering support to oil and gas operators in Australia.
- Develops and maintains sales strategies to increase sales and profits through major accounts and complex product lines.
- Comprehensive technical and application knowledge of BHGE drill bit portfolio, including casing and reaming while drilling, hole opening, PDC, Tricone and Hybrid products.
- Generate drill bit proposals, application engineering studies, design recommendations, performance drilling parameter and vibration mitigation recommendations and support, post run performance analysis, knowledge capture and lessons learned.
- Manages the sales function and may supervise employees.
- Work closely with operators and BHGE design engineers to modify existing products and/or new designs to better suit current applications.
- Develop product/service alliances for major customers.
- Instrumental in developing cross-divisional sales opportunities.
- Has no direct field service responsibilities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of sales strategies to increase sales and profits through major accounts.
- Assists with the development of short and long range sales goals.
- Builds strong customer relationships.
- Responsible for training customers and sales personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 5+ years’ experience in drill bit or drilling related field.
- Comprehensive, specialized technical knowledge of company's products and services.
- Knowledge of product portfolio spanning multiple business segments and competitive markets.
- Possesses a distinguished and sustained sales achievement record.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales process, ability to build strong relationships and close business.
- Good knowledge of commercial and contract language.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to coach others.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Locations: Australia; Western Australia; PERTH