|Job Type:||Full Time|
AECOM’s market leading Renewable Energy business in Australia is seeking to expand the team in Melbourne. We are looking for an experienced professionalwho has a passion for technical excellence and who enjoys the challenge of delivering a diverse portfolio of clean energy projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be actively involved in an innovative and highly motivated team of energy professionals.The team is currently delivering a range of projects including owner’s engineer, design, and project management roles as well as front end work such as site identification and evaluation, feasibility studies, concept design and grid connection studies associated with future generation and storage projects.
As a Senior or Principal Engineer (depending on experience) you will be a senior member of the business and responsible for leading project teams, mentoring junior team members, driving new strategies, producing proposals and developing and maintaining client relationships.
You will ideally have a background in the renewable energy industry working with equipment suppliers, developers, asset owners or power utilities with some consulting experience being ideal. The successful candidate will have strong technical, communication and project management skills and the desire to grow their career at AECOM.
You will have demonstrable qualifications and experience including:
- You will ideally have 8+ years’ post graduate experience with 3+ years working in the energy sector.
- Wind and solar energy project experience will be highly regarded.
- Project and engineering management of industrial, substation and power plant developments including pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, concept design, design review and technical advisor roles, specification, detailed design, site supervision, commissioning, testing, and acceptance.
- Knowledge of the major power generation technologies and the major equipment OEM’s and plant suppliers.
- Familiarity with the power project development process in Australia.
- Experience in the preparation or implementation of contract technical specifications for power projects.
- Familiarity with power station concepts, layout, and ancillary systems.
- The desire and aptitude to drive business development activities.
- Experience with other power generation technologies, e.g. energy storage, biofuels or hydrogen would be advantageous.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical ideal, Civil/Structural considered).
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Power
Business Line Power & Industrial
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 202817BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.