|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- 5 days on 3 days off, 4 days on 2 days off roster
- 12 Months fixed term contract
- Nickel West is positioned well to energise our future
The primary purpose of the role is design of solutions and the delivery of capital projects. Involvement in operational system strategies and operational project / modifications forms secondary activities.
- Provide fit for purpose management skills utilizing small and medium project management frameworks based on sound project management practices;
- Manage the assigned projects from Initiation through Execution phases; with focus on mechanical scope development for: trade-off study, detailed designs and execution work.
- Complete designs and/or design reviews as required
- Manage, mentor and train execution team of internal and external service providers (EPCM team and project owners) to deliver multiple projects.
- FIFO Leinster and / or Mount Keith
- Mechanical / Structural Engineering background with proven experience in delivery of small to medium projects in the resources industry especially in brownfield operations
- A well-practiced understanding of the key elements of project management
- A high level of knowledge of mechanical design requirements and Australian Standards for design of equipment and requirements for mine sites
- An engineering working knowledge in dealing with multi-discipline projects and a working knowledge to interface with electrical and control systems stakeholders
- Good understanding of resources based engineering terminology
- Well-developed process and financial attributes in order to effectively promote and guide personnel in project value propositions
- Mechanical engineering degree
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Nickel West Leinster
Nickel West Leinster is located 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. The operation sources nickel ore from various ore bodies before crushing and processing to produce a concentrate. The Leinster Village and Township offer a unique lifestyle with conveniences – an Olympic size swimming pool, health and fitness centre and various sporting facilities. Employees can stay residential or commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or from regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and a great working environment.