|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Help us transform and grow our technology stack
- Experience working with trading and settlements applications
Take on a role that's about more than money
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers in Australia and around the world, we need to be good with money. And we need to be just as good with people too.
That's why we've built our business on understanding and supporting our Customers. And just as importantly, we're supporting and encouraging our own People to achieve their ideas and aspirations by working together to deliver exceptional outcomes that go beyond expectations.
About the Role & your Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Analyst Engineer to set up, run, support and maintain the technical infrastructure and applications for SDW Tech Trading Services.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting critical systems requiring 24*7 availability with sound knowledge of ITIL processes for incident, problem and change management. Knowledge of equity or option trading functions is strongly preferred.
The candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, communication, and information gathering skills to help aid in resolving complex issues.
The candidate will also have experience in scripting and automating routine manual tasks and be able to drive initiatives for Operations efficiency.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and advancing the SDW Technology’s team DevOps capability
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Ensuring that systems are developed to highest standards within agreed budgets and time frames and achieving necessary design and systems security standards.
- Providing technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced peers and team members.
- Developing operating and system documentation.
- Monitoring and maintenance of production and non-production services
- Setup and administration of deployment and automation pipelines
- Stay abreast of new technology trends and constantly try to generate new solutions for effective Operations management.
- Working in a dynamic and continuously changing environment
What we need from you:
- Provide first-rate support for traders and back office by resolving issues in a timely manner, answering questions, relaying feature requests, and providing the best support for enhanced trading experience for end users.
- Handle a wide variety of immediate trading system issues with a sense of urgency.
- Troubleshoot complex trading system-related issues, and build knowledge base to capture workarounds and to help with future troubleshooting.
- Work to reduce recurring issues and improve stability of the trading system by automating manual tasks, monitoring system components, and mining data in system logs.
- Collect data, identify patterns, and correlate problems to identify the root cause of issues.
- Suggest and implement process improvements to reduce the time to resolve issues.
- Leverage existing tools and build new tools to identify potential problems before they become realized. Implement state of art monitoring and alerting for core trading systems.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery testing
The successful applicant will typically have 5+ years in a software development and Operations role with at least 3 years in general IT Operations experience. A tertiary qualifications in computer science or a related discipline.
Your good time and resource management skills, previous experience working within agile environments, methods, practices and tools will all ensure your absolute success in this role.
Ready to jump on board?
If you have read the above and said.. “yes, that sounds like me”, make sure in your application that you showcase your skills and experience relevant to the role.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…
Advertised: 23 Jan 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Jan 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time