ABOUT THE ROLE:
Advise the Program Director, Mercy Mental Health leadership and Executive Director of Nursing on mental health professional nursing standards, workforce requirements and innovative, evidence based clinical service delivery.
- Based in the Executive Suites at Saltwater Clinic – Footscray.
- Full-time (76 hrs f/n) fixed term (maternity relief) including an ADO per month
- Provide professional leadership to all nursing staff in Mercy Mental Health via a team of educators
- Leadership role in clinical workforce development, recruitment and retention
- Ensure service delivery is innovative and aligned to best practice
- Work within a dynamic, recovery focused leadership team
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse with post graduate qualifications in Psychiatric Nursing or a specialist graduate qualification in psychiatric nursing.
- Extensive experience in the psychiatric/mental health nursing and leadership in the mental health field.
- Qualification in education and training.
- Masters in Nursing or other relevant post graduate qualification is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mercy Mental Health supports people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Ms Shannon Lang – Program Director – Mental Health – Ph : 9928 7409 or Shannon.Lang@mercy.com.au
Quote Ref No: MMH 132
Applications Close: Friday, 21 December 2018