|Job Type:||Full Time|
• Use your expertise to help identify legal trends and risks
• Assist in the negotiation and sign-off on complex commercial transactions
• Build team skills and knowledge through education, coaching and mentoring
As the Intellectual Property (IP) Manager with CSIRO’s Data61, you will be responsible for building and managing the business unit’s IP Portfolio.Engaging deeply with the business, you will develop Data61’s ability to treat its IP as a strategic asset, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CSIRO’s IP portfolio management.
You will join the high-performance and delivery focused Science Group teams, primarily in the Computer Science field, providing professional expert advice and contributing to the delivery of large and complex transactions.You will protect CSIRO’s IP and drive understanding of CSIRO’s Freedom to Operate (FTO) position. Together with other members of the IP Management function, you will also drive the IP education process across the organisation.
Your duties will include
• Delivering Intellectual Property support to build Data61’s ability to treat its IP as a strategic asset.
• Providing strategic patent attorney advice.
**•**Assisting business units in implementing commercial strategies.
• Contributing to the design and implementation of compliance programs and other risk management initiatives.
• Developing strong and trusted advisor relationships with internal and external specialist teams.
• Promoting strategies to streamline engagement.
• Driving IP internal education initiatives.
(Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra may be considered)
**Salary:**AU $111k to AU $130k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Reference No.: 59363
As a minimum requirement, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering. Candidates with qualifications in another numerate, analytical discipline or who have relevant skills derived from industry experience, will also be considered.
You will also have
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and team skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
• A current national police check or ability to obtain.
• Experience in IP management, including or in addition to experience involving intellectual property laws, particularly patent laws.
• Strong IP knowledge with expertise in all or most of the areas outlined under ‘Essential Criteria’ 2 in the PD (link below).
• Experience in managing IP portfolios and advising on IP-related aspects of commercial transactions.
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to think and act laterally and strategically.
• The ability to deliver IP knowledge transfer across an organisation and a commitment to continuous process improvement.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Thursday 3 January, 2019 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.