|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.BHP Coal has a well-established facility in the heart of Brisbane - the Integrated Remote Operations Centre (IROC). This world-class control centre is making a significant contribution to ensuring our Coal operations continue to improve performance in a sustainable way by coordinating the near-term scheduling, planning and controlling of our Coal Operations from a central location.
Located in the BHP Queen Street Brisbane building, the IROC delivers a state-of-the-art control room, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with maximum safety and comfort for IROC employees in mind. In keeping with our Company values, the IROC control centre assists in creating a team environment where sustainability, integrity, respect, performance, simplicity and accountability take priority.
IROC has recently merged with our Integrated Operations team to form IROC+, which creates an exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to work across the coal supply chain from pit to port.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for supporting the IROC+ team on a range of improvement initiatives in the Coal Processing space;
- Broaden your business knowledge by supporting improvement initiatives across the entire supply chain;
- Positively shape the IROC+ culture in alignment with the BHP Charter Values;
- Deliver business performance improvements through focused and effective improvement project management;
- Build the skills and capability across the IROC+ function;
- Report on improvement projects in a simple and effective way;
- Work relentlessly to simplify and improve business processes;
- Establish strong relationships with operations to enable performance and improvement;
- Establish positive working relationships with support functions.• Excellent communication, collaboration, coaching and influencing skills;
- Proven business improvement skills and the ability to project manage those improvements;
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems;
- Strong data analytics skills;
- Experience in a process and procedurally driven work environment;
- Formal business improvement skills and Coal Processing knowledge will be a significant advantage.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.