|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPB Contractors, as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance (RIA), has been named as the Victorian Government’s preferred proponent to deliver a $1 billion package of works in support of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel Project.
CPB Contractors and John Holland are equal construction partners in the RIA, with AECOM as the design partner. The RIA also comprises project owner Rail Projects Victoria (formerly the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority) and operational franchisee Metro Trains Melbourne.
**About the Project
This is the second package of Metro Tunnel works to be delivered by CPB Contractors, following the award of a $1 billion design and construct contract as part of the Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) in December 2017.
Construction has commenced and will be completed by 2025.
This fourth major works package for the Metro Tunnel Project covers the existing Sunbury rail line between the western tunnel entrance in South Kensington and Tottenham, and the Dandenong rail line between the eastern tunnel entrance in South Yarra and Caulfield Station.
Major works for the Alliance includes the design and construction of entrance structures that will interface with Metro Tunnel works at South Yarra and South Kensington and also major Rail Upgrade works in the Western Rail Corridor.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager, to join us on the Metro Tunnel Project as part of the Rail Infrastructure Alliance. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high-profile Rail Infrastructure Project as part of one of Australia’s most highly regarded construction companies. With an enviable range of projects underway and in the pipeline, CPB can offer impressive opportunities for career progression.
As HSE Manager, you will be accountable for the following:
Establish procedures and implement programs to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all project personnel in addition to directing and providing guidance on safety, health and environmental programs.
- Maintain comprehensive HSE records and manage all statutory HSE reporting requirements
- Maintain an update-to-date knowledge of all relevant legal, regulatory and company HSE requirements, ensuring management and staff are kept informed of any relevant changes to legal, regulatory and company HSE requirements
- Coordinate and provide day to day specialist support to the Project Leadership team, employees, contractors, clients and visitors during the project lifecycle
- Liaise with key stakeholders on HSE specific requirements
- Perform all duties in accordance with policies, processes, systems and procedures
- Develop and administer HSE education and compliance programs for employees, contractors and visitors within a defined workplaces
- Contribute to the development and implement occupational health and safety procedures based on approved company policies in the areas of health, safety and environment
- Investigate the causes of serious events on site and recommend actions to prevent future occurrences
- Assist other HSE Managers for the Operating Units or projects, manage and oversee compliance and governance with our HSE management systems
- Provide support, coordination and advice of HSE practices, systems and procedures within a defined workplace
- Provide training education and awareness as well as mentoring for HSE aspects
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Bachelor Degree in Safety, Quality, Environment, Project Management or other associated disciplines
- Diploma of Safety in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Environmental Management
- Safety Lead Auditor Qualification, Internal Environmental Auditor Qualification
- TAE Training and Assessment
- Construction HSE management (5+ years)
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Knowledge of Safety legislation and statutes (especially those relating to Comcare), and ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to Project
- Knowledge of Environmental legislation and statutes, and ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to Project
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
*We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.*