|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Concrete Engineer with experience in large scale precast projects. This position will be located on site at the Precast Facility in Benalla.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the on-site activities in relation to the set up and operation of the Batch plant.
- Work closely with the Quality team to ensure the quality of the product produced is up to standard and consistent.
- Troubleshoot concrete issues and play a key role in root cause analysis of non-conformance issues.
- Liaise with batch plant control system supplier when system changes need to be made.
- Ensure daily controls are in place in conjunction with Quality team.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative safety, environment and quality risk assessment to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
- Analyse and use document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance reporting.
- Utilise effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource time management.
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of batch plant staff.
- Monitor manufacturing progress to maintain an understanding of overall program.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ post graduate experience with 3+ years site based.
- Ideally with 3 + years of precast or concrete experience.
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan, Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.