|Job Type:||Flexible Working Arrangements|
The Channel Commercials & Footprint team has a broad remit, including the development of the Retail Footprint strategy for our branded and non-branded partners and stores across CS&B, and the management of a cross functional footprint governance forum to ensure the ongoing optimisation of our physical store network in line with agreed footprint and commercial principles.
The role supports these objectives by building/managing a footprint database and related models that deliver meaningful insights to drive decision making at the footprint governance forum and to shape our footprint strategy ongoing.
Our footprint analyst will work closely with the retail operations and store development teams to inform a prioritised Store Delivery Pipeline for the roll out of our exciting new store format (Future Retail Environment). Additionally the role will provide analysis and insights to support decision making with respect to micro locations and budgets for our branded stores, working with Telstra’s retail property leasing portfolio and JLL partnership.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the ongoing optimisation of our physical store network. The roll will provide detailed knowledge and understanding of Telstra’s retail footprint, in particular conducting analysis to understand retail market dynamics, demographics and consumer behaviours, and applying this information to identify opportunities for Telstra that contribute towards the ongoing optimisation of our physical store network.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- Own Telstra’s Footprint database, the single source of truth for Telstra’s network, market/demographic data and competitor information
- Analyse store performance at a national, catchment and POP level to identify optimisation opportunities and establish viability of the branded portfolio
- Manage the footprint pipeline which prioritises and tracks progress of all future store build activity
- Analyse benchmarking to establish store performance opportunities and provide recommendations
- Prepare for Footprint Governance forums, including but not limited to: aligning stakeholder inputs, collating materials, and providing informed views and analysis to drive business decisions
- Provide expertise in location intelligence involving geographical layering of data sets that drive meaningful insights and outcomes to Telstra’s footprint
- Build geographical models and conduct location analytics by utilising GIS tools
- Day-to-day management and insights of TCW’s accommodation budget for Telstra’s company owned stores
- Develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in the Commercial, Finance, Retail/Property, or similar field
- Advanced analytical and modelling skills
- A commercial mindset that considers business outcomes for both Telstra and our partners
- Ability to produce consistently accurate data and analysis whilst meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate/work effectively with senior management and cross functional teams across the commercial, channel development, retail operations and finance teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to drive time critical decisions and influence outcomes incorporating numerous business
- A self-starter with energy, tenacity and drive
- Ideally a strong passion for retail and our partners across CS&B
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Business, Finance, or related fields
- GIS software and mapping experience
- Strategic thinking to assist in executing large strategic programs of work in a changing environment
What are the next steps?
If you’re looking for the platform to evolve and develop your career, we want to hear from you! We’ll provide you with the training to be successful in this role, which will lead you to the opportunity to drive your own success and shape your ongoing career development within this exciting area of our business.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to connect to a future created by you.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex