|Job Type:||Part Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Speech Pathologist to join our dynamic Speech Pathology Department and an expanding public health service that is committed to ensuring high quality, evidence-based, person-centred, safe and effective patient care. This is a new position and will be integral for Allied Health, along with Medicine and Nursing, in establishing sustainable contemporary systems and services in our new intensive care unit, which opened in August 2018.
- Grade 2 Speech Pathologist, dependent on experience
- Permanent Part Time position, 0.4 EFT
- Based at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Member of the acute and intensive care Speech Pathology stream
- Contribute to the development of Speech Pathology services across the new ICU & Acute wards
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary teams across ICU and acute services
- Strong emphasis on undertaking and leading quality, innovation and research activities; and actively contributing to the clinical education and support of the allied health team
- Recognised Degree in Speech Pathology and eligible for membership of Speech Pathology Australia.
- Competent in tracheostomy and experience using and interpreting video fluoroscopic procedures
- Strong, clinical skills and relevant experience in ICU and acute clinical service provision
- High level of clinical competency, both theoretical and practical, in the management of patients with communication, cognitive-linguistic disorders and dysphagia in the acute setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills and practices with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- High level working knowledge of current evidence based practices and a commitment to continuous quality improvement, clinical research and professional development of self and others
- Enthusiastic, flexible, dedicated, team-oriented
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Affordable onsite car parking
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Jonelle Mais, Recruitment Advisor – Mercy Health, on (03) 8458 4313 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: WMH 265
Applications Close: Friday, 21 December 2018