|Job Type:||Full Time|
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you a passionate social media guru with a consumer centric, data driven approach to programs that you build? If you’re looking to join a team at the forefront of global Marketing, Expedia Group is laser-focused in nailing the numbers game. This nine month Fixed Term Contract opportunity as a Social Media Specialist and Marketing Coordinator for Australia and New Zealand is the right opportunity for you if you want to supercharge our strategies for Social and produce engaging, creative content to use across all our channels, while supporting the greater Marketing team and planning needs.
What you’ll do:
- Experience in digital and social marketing to include strategic and creative development, media strategy, community management and content production.
- Experience working for a major brand & operating in a matrix environment.
- 3+ years marketing communications experience.
- Strong copywriting and presentation skills with an eye for shareable content.
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook).
- Working knowledge of social publishing, measurement and management tools.
- Experience building end to end communications plans and managing projects.
- Strong communication capability with an ability to tailor delivery to target audience.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Who you are:
- Build and socialise the annual social media strategy across the business
- Lead production and ensure that the ANZ integrated external Comms Calendar is live and up to date on google docs.
- Deliver programs to drive awareness, traffic and bookings, create content and build HomeAway Australia and Bookabach (NZ) brands across key social channels (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter- as agreed in the strategy).
- Monitor and engage with our consumers across the various social channels.
- Consult and execute on paid social plans with the Growth team based in Singapore to maximize the business impact of our content.
- Prepare monthly channel growth and content performance reports to track performance of social/content initiatives, and to drive content optimisation and channel health.
- Build an execute rigorous social test and learn calendar. Reporting on outcomes on a regular basis.
- Act as the local contact for the Global Social Activation team.
- Support and assist the extended Marketing team with planning, campaign execution, and deliverables on various projects.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.